Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Unit 6

What I discovered about myself this week is that apparently I have no focus. My work and home schedule has been so hectic this week that I was completly unable to focus on either exercise. I tried the loving-kindness exercise and all I could think of was that there was no way my thoughts could possibly affect ALL the individuals we were to focus on. As for the assesment process, I could not focus long enough to get anywhere with it. I tried several times and just could not. I absolutely need to work on this area of my focus.


Describe the exercise and assessment process. What did you discover about yourself? What area have you chosen to be a focus of growth and development? Why? What are some specific exercises or activities that you can implement to foster greater wellness in this area?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emmalily,

    I can understand the focus issue; I also find that when I am very busy and have a lot on my mind I have trouble focusing on meditation. I do find though that listening to nature sounds before I go to sleep helps clear my mind and I feel more refreshed in the morning, I find that if I try to meditate during the day when I have a lot going on I think about all the things I need to do but if I do it before I go to sleep I might think about somethings but since my day is done I have an easier time clearing my head and concentrating on the music. Good luck with your meditation and your focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmalily,
    I totally understand where you are coming from. It has been so hard for me to get back into the groove of school and work after being on vacation. I had the brilliant idea that it would be good to take three courses this term (up until now I had only taken two) and totally forgot that I would be on vacation for the entire first week of all three classes. I now am constantly playing catch up and am about a week behind. Sometimes when our everyday lives seem overwhelming, that is the perfect time (as difficult as it is) to take time for ourselves to quiet our minds.

    Buffy

    ReplyDelete